Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wave of Prosperity

Prosperity

Prosperity is, according to Raymond Charles Barker, “The ability to do what you want to do at the instant you want to do it”. Michelle and I played at the Center for Spiritual Living today and the topic of the weekly talk focused on prosperity. I found it to be serendipitous that I attended this particular talk the week I launched my Kickstarter campaign. Hmmm......

Flashback to two nights ago when my friend said, “If I was running a kickstarter campaign, I would check my page like every five minutes.” “Yah!” I replied.
The first week I checked my page waaaay too often, averaging numbers and scenarios in my head, planning my next update, announcement, email, and facebook post. And in the midst of all that, I remember that there’s music.

Playing in the church today, in a room with twenty people, looking into everyone’s eyes, and sharing my voice, is why I am doing all this side work. My real interest is in the music and the kickstarter project is the actualization of true prosperity: being able to do what I want (record a new album) at the instant I want to do it.

Bigger Dreams

And thus, in the spirit of prosperity and abundance, I added an extra reward for an exclusive house concert at the 2,000 dollar level. I had thought to include that initially as a reward, but removed it not thinking of it as realistic. But, I am opening to the possibility that a reward like that might appeal to someone!

I also added music samples to the Kickstarter page. The first track, ‘Sat Siri’, is from my first album, ‘Blissful Sadhana’. The second track is ‘Humee Hum Brahm Hum’ from my second release, ‘Power in Peace’. I did this to provide samples for those not familiar with my music. Funny how EVERYTHING else was poured over meticulously before this release EXCEPT music samples! This has been remedied :)

 

Let the Momentum Flow!

We have raised 3,375 dollars, 33% to our goal with 22 days left! That may seem like a long time, but kickstarter days are short and before we know it, we’ll have 3 days left! We’re doing great, let’s keep it going!

I’ve been thinking of ways to more creatively share this project with my friends and friends of friends. If you have a blog, I would love to be in an interview like this one that Melissa Joulwan posted on her blog, theclothesmakethegirl.com. I also have a string of shows coming up in the month of October where I mention the project:

October 13th -10:30am @ San Marcos Farmers Market
October 27th - 3:00pm @ Austin Yoga Festival

ANY suggestions about how to spread the word is much appreciated! Thank you all for your support, shares, hugs, love, encouragement, and enthusiasm! I am overwhelmed by your response! Onward and upward!


LOVE,
~Robin Dharampal

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robinbruce/robin-dharampals-new-record-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment