Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Looking in the Mirror: A Year of Teacher Training

I'm back!  It's been a while since I've authored a blog post....about 9 months.  We all have finite amounts of time and much of mine was occupied as a pre-applicant in Yoga Yoga's 200-hour Kundalini Teacher Training Program.


The last time I was in teacher training, I was the student.  I watched my teachers intensely, trying to identify what made them so...well, cool.  And now, with the tables turned I am sitting on the other side of the room, among my teachers.  I saw the reflection of who I was when a student in teacher training - intense, inquisitive, and at times, overwhelmed.  


As an intern this year I felt, well, intense, inquisitive and at times overwhelmed!  Each weekend I learned a lesson and watched my teachers share the same information I received when training to be a teacher.  Yet now, there is an added depth.  It's funny how the same message can affect you differently depending on where you are in life.

The students themselves showed me where I was four years ago, and themes that I can work on now.  

So, in many ways they acted as a mirror, showed me my true colors. And in that way, they were my teachers.  At the end of it all I learned two very important things:

1.  The "cool factor" that my teachers posses comes from their personal practice.  So, it is attainable through practice.

2.  No matter what side of the classroom you are on -- we are all teachers and students, learning and supporting each other. 



Kundalini Teacher Training Class 2011-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment